Saturday, August 30, 2008

peach pie!!!

Ok, so I must clarify right now that there is nothing in this world better than peach pie. Not store bought, double crusted peach pie but fresh, chilled, open-faced peach pie. Like the two that are now residing in my fridge at home. Well, they were there when I left for work this morning but Sam is home alone and has been craving peach pie since peach season ended last year. My aunt was nice enough to give my mom a box of peaches and my mom was nice enough to give us load of those peaches. Now, I married into the biggest pie family of all time and so for now I am glad that no one but Sam can see these pies because they're not the prettiest things. But all that matters is that they taste amazing, right? One day I will perfect the making of peach pie and present it to the Schofield family for scrutiny and approval. Until then, though, I will enjoy my ugly pies with Sam. Can't wait to get home in 6.5 hours to have some. Mmmmmmmm!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I can testify-those pies were AWESOME! Who cares what they look like, their taste MORE than made up for any physical deficiencies (which I didn't notice anyway because I was too excited to eat it!)